FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) — Parts of Northeast Indiana were blanketed with a layer of snow to start the weekend as wintry weather moved through.
This was downtown Fort Wayne when the fresh blanket of snow came down between 10 p.m. and midnight Friday:
Snow and ice also blanketed roads in Harlan:
Police departments throughout the area responded to several crashes, in part due to the weather. This single vehicle crash with minor injures happened at the 19 mile marker of northbound I-469 Saturday morning.
Just before 8:10 a.m. on Saturday, our photographer went live from Hannah Street in Fort Wayne to give us a look at the road conditions:
Ashley Howlett from Auburn has been enjoying the snow with her family. She sent us this picture of a snowman they built:
- WATCH: Community shows support for healthcare workers and patients
- Parents react as COVID-19 shuts schools down for spring semester
- Human remains found in Kosciusko County
- Bottoms up! Hoosiers buying more booze since order to stay home
- Fort Wayne neighbors spread smiles by putting stuffed bears in windows