MADRID (AP) — Authorities in Spain say the death toll from a storm that devastated the eastern part of the country this week has risen to at least 12.
Rescuers were still searching for several missing people on Friday.
Emergencies services for the northeastern Catalonia region said late
Thursday night that a fourth death caused by storm Gloria in the region had been confirmed.
That took the national count to at least 12. Rescuers are looking for three people in the Balearic Islands and for a fishing boat with six on board that went missing off Spain’s southern coast.
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Actor Michael Sheen crowdfunding for storm Dennis and recovery efforts
- More drenching rains take aim at flood-ravaged South
- Migrating birds appear on weather radar
- With ‘Mother Nature in charge,’ dams unleash floodwaters
- Hundreds still flooded from homes in Mississippi capital