FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) — Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation helped residents embrace winter for 13 hours straight Saturday.
The department put on Winterval 2020. It’s a celebration of the colder months featuring wintertime favorites like ice carvings, ice skating, dog sledding, and more games.
New this year was a farm hand competition, presented by Salomon Farms and Hop River Brewing Company.
Here’s a look at some of the events.
The Botanical Conservatory had ice carving, bird feeders and its “Dog Days of Winter” exhibit:
The Allen County Public Library also had ice carving, children’s crafts and a movie. This is the ice sculpture outside the library:
The Community Center, located at 233 W. Main Street, offered snow crafts, ice carving and 9-hole miniature golf:
Heartland Mushers ran dog sled demonstrations at Headwaters Park:
- Actor Michael Sheen crowdfunding for storm Dennis and recovery efforts
- More drenching rains take aim at flood-ravaged South
- Migrating birds appear on weather radar
- With ‘Mother Nature in charge,’ dams unleash floodwaters
- Hundreds still flooded from homes in Mississippi capital