KOSCIUSKO COUNTY, Ind. (WANE) — A drug bust uncovered more than just drugs in Kosciusko County, police said.
The raid, which ended with five people arrested, started with an interdiction detail at a house at 8:22 a.m. August 15. A Warsaw SWAT unit, Narcotics Enforcement Team (NET) 43, and other law enforcement agencies converged at the house.
Law enforcement recovered 131 grams of methamphetamine and one gram of heroin, according to a report, but were also surprised to find an abundance of stolen tools and lawn equipment on the premises.
The equipment was valued near $25,000 and police are now sorting through case reports trying to track down rightful owners, police said.
Below are the names and charges of the five arrested:
- Frank Sterling Daniels, 34, of Middlebury: Dealing methamphetamine, possession of methamphetamine and maintaining a common nuisance, bond of $25,000 surety plus $250 cash
- Kendall Elizabeth Rodgers, 25, of Middlebury: Dealing methamphetamine and possession of a narcotic drug with a bond of $25,000 surety plus $250 cash
- Chad Allen Thompson, 52, of Warsaw: Maintaining a common nuisance and possession of methamphetamine with a bond of $25,000 surety plus $250 cash
- Troy Douglas Howard, 52, of Pierceton: Dealing methamphetamine with a bond of $25,000 surety plus $250 cash
- Maryjean Emline Howard, 51, of Elkhart: Dealing methamphetamine with a bond of $25,000 surety plus $250 cash
NET 43, Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office, Indiana State Police, Warsaw Police Department, Lutheran EMS, Marshall County Sheriff’s Office and the Kosciusko County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office were all involved.