DEKALB COUNTY, Ind. (WANE) – A child and adult are recovering after being treated for smoke inhalation after their home in Ashley, Indiana went up in flames late Friday night.
Just before 11:10 p.m., the Ashley-Hudson Fire Department was called out to a home in the 900 block of County Road 19.
Firefighters arrived to find heavy fire coming from the rear of the home, quickly spreading to the second floor of the home.
A firefighter on scene confirmed to WANE 15 that a child and an adult male were treated for smoke inhalation.
Firefighters said the home is a total loss.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation with the Indiana State Fire Marshal’s Office.
- Indiana State Police involved in standoff, partially block off intersection
- Palm Sunday: Pope celebrates without public in St. Peter’s
- Vehicle-Only parade offers safe outdoor fun in New Haven
- Ossian supplies elderly with isolation communication packets
- Allen County coronavirus caseload climbs to 67, 3 residents dead