WARNING: The following story contains graphic content not suitable for all readers

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – A Fort Wayne man is now facing charges in a 2020 crash that left his 6-year-old daughter dead, according to Allen Superior Court records.

Allen County Prosecutors on Thursday formally charged 37-year-old A Lee with a Level 3 felony count of neglect of a dependent resulting in serious bodily injury and a misdemeanor count of driving while suspended.

A Lee

Lee is accused of being behind the wheel of a speeding Hyundai Elantra travelling east on Paulding Road near Interstate 469 at about 7 a.m. on Sept. 14, 2020.

The Hyundai ran a stop sign at Hartzell Road and broadsided a Caravan going southbound through the intersection, according to court documents.

Lee’s daughter, Fara Har Na, was not in a car seat nor buckled into the passenger seat at the time. She was ejected from the vehicle and ended up in a wheat field 25 yards away.

A door from the Hyundai sheered off in the collision and landed on top of the girl, according to court documents.

Witnesses in the Caravan said the Hyundai was travelling too fast to stop, according to court documents. A man and his son got out of the vehicle and tried to help the girl, and by the time police arrived she was in an ambulance headed to the hospital.

She was checked into the hospital as “Columbus Doe” and died a day later.

The man and his son also found Lee laying across the front seat of the Hyundai. Lee initially told police his brother was driving and ran away from the scene, though witnesses said they saw nobody run from the crash, according to court documents.

At the hospital, Lee told a nurse he did not know the girl’s name and that he was not driving, according to court documents. As the day went on, investigators found Lee’s wife, who told them Fara Har Na was indeed his daughter, court documents said.

The Allen County Coroner found the cause of her death as blunt force injuries due to a motor vehicle crash. Her death was ruled accidental, the coroner said at the time.

Investigators also spoke to the girl’s paternal aunt, who said the girl had been at her grandparent’s home nearby for an engagement party. She fell asleep at that home and woke up at 2 a.m. hungry and asked for her father.

At about that time Lee took the girl to a gas station for a snack, according to court documents. The rest of the people went back to sleep assuming they’d be home soon, but apparently Lee spent the next several hours driving around with the girl up until the crash happened.

Lee suffered a fractured neck and fractured pelvis in the crash.

Months later, he admitted to detectives the girl in the crash was his daughter. He said he kept driving the girl around because she did not want to go back home, according to court documents. Lee also admitted in those documents the girl would sometimes take her seatbelt off to take pictures.

Lee has multiple arrests for driving while suspended, including one a month before the crash and one in March 2021, according to court records. He also has multiple arrests for domestic battery, battery and invasion of privacy throughout the years.

A new warrant for his arrest has been issued.