NEW HAVEN, Ind. (WANE) — A woman has died after being involved in a two vehicle crash in New Haven Sunday morning.
Around 9:35 a.m., officers were called out to the 1600 block of Minnich Road on a report of a crash with a person pinned inside a vehicle.
New Haven Police Chief Jeff McCracken told WANE 15 on scene that witnesses reported seeing an SUV traveling southbound and then crossing the center line into the path of an incoming utility pickup truck.
The woman driving the SUV was pronounced dead at the scene by medics.
The male driver of the Dodge Ram was transported to an area hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Minnich Road was closed for some time as a result of the crash.
The identity of the victim and cause of death will be released by the Allen County Coroner’s Office.
The crash remains under investigation by the New Haven Police Department and Allen County Coroner’s Office.
- Indiana reports 1,589 new virus cases as surge continues; 23 more deaths
- Stimulus checks: Hours left to cut deal with $1,200 direct payments before Election Day
- Installation of Christmas Tree at Jefferson Pointe underway
- Man in custody after hanging off Trump Tower for more than 13 hours
- Traffic flowing normally again after crash at West State and Hillegas