BRYAN, Ohio (WANE) – The community in Bryan, Ohio gathered on Saturday to say its final goodbye to a soldier killed while serving in Afghanistan.
Funeral services for Pfc. Brandon Kreischer were held Saturday morning in the Bryan High School Gymnasium. Graveside services, which were private, followed.
Paratrooper Kreischer was killed last week while serving in Tarin Kowt, in southern Afghanistan. He was a paratrooper with the 82nd Airborne Division of the Army, based at Fort Bragg.
Pfc. Kreischer graduated from Bryan High School in 2018.
On Thursday, community members lined the streets for a processional to bring Kreischer home from Toledo Airport. Visitation was held Friday.
- ‘Last night was not Fort Wayne’: Leaders vow not to let violent protests happen again
- Protests over George Floyd death overwhelm authorities again
- WATCH SOON: Top doctors, mental health experts answer your questions on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’ | May 30
- Before Floyd death, activists saw progress on police reforms
- Photos: Aftermath of George Floyd protests in Fort Wayne