SOUTH BEND, Ind. (WANE) – Notre Dame Athletic Director Jack Swarbrick said the football program will not play a Shamrock Series game in 2017, according to ESPN.
Swarbrick spoke of the series at the College Football Playoff spring meetings Wednesday in Irving, Texas.
The series, started in 2009, features Notre Dame playing an opponent on a neutral field.
Swarbrick said Notre Dame Stadium’s $400 million renovation project will be complete in 2017 and the school wants to play an extra game at home. The series would likely return in 2018.
The series has been played in San Antonio (2009), New York (2010), Washington (2011), Chicago (2012), Dallas (2013), Indianapolis (2014), and last year in Boston.