TOKYO — The International Olympic Committee along with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and local organizers have decided that the Tokyo Games cannot go ahead as scheduled this year because of the coronavirus outbreak.
The IOC says the games will be held “not later than summer 2021” but they will still be called the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- California pastor defends idea of in-person services during COVID-19 pandemic
- California will see peak of COVID-19 hospitalizations and deaths in less than 4 weeks, forecast finds
- White House turns to statistical models for virus forecast
- Stranded cruise ship hit by virus begs Florida for permission to dock
- Dr. Fauci anticipates coronavirus outbreak in the fall