INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — IndyCar veteran Sarah Fisher has been selected as the celebrity pace car driver for this month’s Indianapolis 500.
Fisher has been the regular pace-car driver for series events at Indianapolis Motor Speedway for years. This time she won’t be taking the handoff from some high-profile non-racing veteran.
Instead she’ll be in the car for the entire May 29 race.
She will drive the 670-horsepower 2023 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 70th-year anniversary edition, the automobile manufacturer announced.
Fisher made nine 500 starts in her career and was the first female to win an IndyCar pole.
- What is the Marburg virus? Another country reports outbreak of ‘highly virulent’ disease
- Have a job and a side gig? Watch for these missteps
- Cinderella Dress Day offers free prom dresses, accessories to teens
- NYC bill would ban discrimination based on weight
- Crash that killed two Amish children raises questions about buggy safety