INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — As part of the one-on-one interviews with the U.S. Senate candidates in Indiana’s Nov. 6 election, News 8’s Scott Sanders had a chance to ask incumbent Democratic Sen. Joe Donnelly and Republican candidate Mike Braun some fun questions about themselves and Indiana.
1. What was your first job?
Braun: “Selling kitchen cabinets, my only other job.”
Donnelly: “My first job was stocking a warehouse at minimum wage.”
2. If you had to pick a sports jersey from Indiana, what would it be?
Braun: “Number 33, Larry Bird.”
Donnelly: “It would probably be — I’m a graduate of Notre Dame — and so probably a Notre Dame jersey but a little twist on it. I think it’d be a Notre Dame baseball jersey because I love baseball so much and love to play.”
3. Favorite Indiana food: pork tenderloin, sugar cream pie or something else?
Braun: “Pork tenderloin.”
Donnelly: “Boy that is just all of the above, but it’d probably be pork tenderloin.”
4. Name an area where you differ from your party
Donnelly: “The border wall. I voted for funding for it three different times.”
5. Name a person in your opponent’s political party who you respect.
Braun: “Mayor Bill Schmitt from Jasper.”
Donnelly: “Todd Young, my colleague.”
6. What foreign leader is most important to America’s success?
Braun: “I think the prime minister of Israel.”
Donnelly: “The king of Jordan has been critical.”
7. What issue is important to you but does not get enough attention?
Donnelly: “Making sure that we can get everybody matched up with their skills to a good job.”
8. What’s your favorite place in Indiana to visit?
Braun: “Other than Dubois County, it’d be up in the northeast, the lake area.”
Donnelly: “You know, I love our parks, I love Lake Michigan, I love the Ohio River.”