(NEXSTAR) – Waffle House announced Tuesday that it will be closing hundreds of restaurants as COVID-19 cases grow across the United States.
The beloved Georgia-based chain known for staying open 24 hours a day all year long, will be temporarily shuttering 365 locations.
Another 1,627 are slated to remain open as of Tuesday. If you have a deep hunger for biscuits and gravy or a pecan waffle, customers are encouraged to call in carryout orders.
On March 15, Waffle House wrote in a Facebook post that they are “trying our best to keep our Customers and Associates safe, and also keep our nearly 45,000 Associates employed.
Latest Coronavirus Developments:
- Budweiser offers free beer for COVID-19 vaccine recipients
- Allen County reports 60 new virus cases; 1 additional death
- Homeless in US finally getting their shot at COVID-19 vaccine
- ‘Physical inactivity’ associated with higher COVID-19 risks, study says
- CDC committee reviewing J&J’s vaccine wants more data before ending pause