BOLIVAR PENINSULA, Tex. (CNN/KPRC) — Rocks from the Gulf of Mexico were pushed onto Highway 87 in Bolivar Peninsula of Texas blocking the roadway for drivers. It’s another visual example of how strong Hurricane Laura is.
Laura made landfall near Cameron, Louisiana early Thursday morning with winds of more than 150 miles per hour. It’s only 1 of 10 storms to ever make landfall with those kinds of winds.
- CBP acting head stresses need for border wall during tour of construction site in El Paso
- Mark your calendar: Daylight saving (and extra sleep) just days away
- Watch: Police bust massive house party in Ohio
- Vice President Mike Pence campaigns in Fort Wayne Thursday
- Coronavirus vaccine: When will it be ready and will it be safe?