LEDGEVIEW, Wis. (AP) — Sheriff’s officials say the pilot of a small plane was killed and the driver of a pickup truck was critically injured in a collision near a private airfield in eastern Wisconsin.
Authorities say the pilot of the fixed-wing, single-engine plane was coming in for a landing in Ledgeview on Thursday afternoon when it struck the pickup, which was traveling west on a Brown County highway.
The pilot, who was from Ledgeview, died at the scene. The driver of the pickup, who is from the Greenleaf area, was rushed to the hospital.
The Brown County Sheriff’s Office sent its crash reconstruction unit to the scene near Green Bay. Federal aviation officials are also investigating.
Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- New Ring security drone will fly around inside your home
- Watch Live: Unrest continues for the second night following Breonna Taylor announcement
- President Trump unveils health care plan, signs order protecting preexisting conditions
- Feds put first Black inmate to death since execution restart
- Pumpkin Spice mac-and-cheese? Kraft is bringing it to the US