LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer is ordering that all restaurants and bars be closed to dine-in customers, effective at 3 p.m., to curb the spread of the coronavirus.
The businesses can stay open for takeout and delivery.
A Whitmer spokeswoman says more details will be released Monday.
The state reported 20 new cases of COVID-19 Sunday, bringing the Michigan total to 53. Included in the new positive tests is the first child, a boy in Oakland County, and the first in Ottawa County west of Grand Rapids.
Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Doctor shares video showing what COVID patients see in final moments
- Traveling abroad? The CDC now says you should get 3 coronavirus tests
- Purdue to give staff $750 bonuses for `heroic’ pandemic work
- Holcomb, Box address COVID concerns as Hoosiers prepare for Thanksgiving gatherings
- Indiana hospitalizations increase as county spread continues