CLEVELAND (AP) — An Ohio man was sentenced to 15 years in a federal prison for selling cocaine laced with heroin and fentanyl to a Greek billionaire’s son who was found dead in a Cleveland hotel room.
Terry Lee Christian pleaded guilty earlier to charges related to selling the drugs that killed 34-year-old Sokratis S. Kokkalis in July 2018 and for using a cellphone in a drug transaction. He was sentenced Wednesday.
Kokkalis’ father is Socrates P. Kokkalis. The elder Kokkalis is the founder of a Greek telecommunications company and chairman of the Greek soccer team Olympiacos F.C.
His son was the team’s vice president.
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Daytona 500 resumes without president, pomp, packed house
- He’s still standing: Elton John to finish Down Under tour
- Coldwater Road back open after 2-vehicle crash near Walmart
- Duke rises, Louisville spirals in latest men’s AP Top 25 rankings
- Purdue president says tuition freeze will continue for 2021