CLEVELAND (AP) — An Ohio man was sentenced to 15 years in a federal prison for selling cocaine laced with heroin and fentanyl to a Greek billionaire’s son who was found dead in a Cleveland hotel room.
Terry Lee Christian pleaded guilty earlier to charges related to selling the drugs that killed 34-year-old Sokratis S. Kokkalis in July 2018 and for using a cellphone in a drug transaction. He was sentenced Wednesday.
Kokkalis’ father is Socrates P. Kokkalis. The elder Kokkalis is the founder of a Greek telecommunications company and chairman of the Greek soccer team Olympiacos F.C.
His son was the team’s vice president.
Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- FBI investigating reported assault on Black Indiana man
- Illinois police chief who took a bullet for President Reagan retires after nearly 50 years
- Laredo protest falls on heels of lawsuit that calls border wall a product of ‘racism’
- Mexican governor to mayor: ‘Work more and spend less time at beauty salon’
- Uneven pavement likely the cause of overnight crash