LUDLOW, Ky. (AP) — Fire and police units are at the scene of a barge accident that set several boats adrift or sinking in the Ohio River.
The barge hit the Ludlow Bromley Yacht Club on Wednesday morning hard enough to partially submerge the marina’s bar and grill.
Kenton County Director of Homeland Security and Management Steve Hensley told news outlets six boats were knocked loose.
Hensley said there was one person on the barge and one person on one of the boats, but neither was injured.
Officials say the restaurant and patio of the yacht club were heavily damaged with some of it attached to the barge that struck it.
Ludlow Police Chief Scott Smith said the Coast Guard is investigating and the barge operator was being questioned.
Copyright 2021 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Angola’s Thompson heading to Huntington for volleyball
- Garrett’s Hirchak signs with Marian University for volleyball
- Holcomb to reimplement work-search requirement for unemployment
- Man shot by ex-boyfriend following argument, ex-boyfriend helps him to hospital before being arrested
- Pfizer COVID-19 shot expanded to US children as young as 12