GROVEPORT, Ohio (AP) — Authorities in Ohio have seized an alligator that was being kept in the basement of a home.
According to a Facebook post from the Madison Township Police Department, the owner of the 25-year-old reptile did not have an exotic animal permit and voluntarily surrendered the animal.
State wildlife officials retrieved the animal from the Groveport residence. The American Alligator will be taken to an animal sanctuary in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Habitat for Humanity helping veterans in dire need of home repairs
- You may not have to pay back your stimulus checks but there are more tax changes coming
- Holcomb, Sutter react to bill that would limit reach of COVID-19 restrictions
- No. 20 Hokies rebound from road loss to top Notre Dame 62-51
- Most northeast Indiana counties reached ‘full employment’ in December