ATLANTA (AP) — A day after a missing Clark Atlanta University student was found dead in a Georgia park, police have arrested the victim’s roommate and the roommate’s boyfriend.
Atlanta police on Saturday arrested 21-year-old Jordyn Jones and Jones’ boyfriend, 21-year-old Barron Brantley, each on charges of malice murder in the Oct. 31 death of Alexis Crawford. Police say the medical examiner determined Crawford died by asphyxiation.
Crawford was reported missing Nov. 1 and her body was found Friday.
At a news conference, Police Chief Erika Shields said a motive had not been clearly established but she noted that Crawford filed a police report on Oct. 27 describing “unwanted kissing and touching” by Brantley.
Jones and Brantley each is being held at the Fulton County Jail. It was unknown if either has an attorney who could comment.
Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Watch Live: Unrest continues for the second night following Breonna Taylor announcement
- ‘Benadryl challenge’: FDA issues alert over dangerous TikTok trend
- Over 256K saws sold at Lowe’s recalled for remaining on when switched off
- Stimulus checks: Mark Cuban pushes for $1,000 payments every 2 weeks
- Dead squirrels washing up on a Lake Michigan beach