NEW YORK (WTVO) — Macy’s has announced it is temporarily closing all stores by the end of business today, March 17th, through March 31st, in response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Macy’s also owns Bloomingdale’s, Bluemercury, Macy’s Backstage, Bloomingdales the Outlet and Market by Macy’s stores. It operates a store at Glenbrook Square in Fort Wayne.
According to Business Wire, chairman and CEO Jeff Gennette said, “The health and safety of our customers, colleagues and communities is our utmost priority. As a result of the recent COVID-19 developments, we have decided to temporarily close our stores. We will work with government and health officials to assess when we will reopen our stores and safely bring our colleagues back to work. During this closure, we will continue to serve our customers through our e-commerce sites.”
Latest Coronavirus Developments:
- Some Indiana school districts consider mask policy changes following CDC’s new guidance
- Map shows areas hit hardest by latest COVID-19 surge: See how your county fares
- Pfizer says booster shot can help protect against delta variant
- New CDC guidelines set off a rush to reimpose mask mandates
- Can you get a 3rd COVID-19 vaccine shot?