The Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo will open its gates for the 40th Wild Zoo Halloween beginning Friday. The event will be held October 12-14, 19-21 and 26-28.
Wild Zoo Halloween, a fundraiser for the zoo, offers children of all ages the opportunity to trick-or-treat within the zoo, while viewing zoo animals and animal sculptures made out of pumpkins. Children can also choose their own mini-pumpkin from the Pumpkin Patch.
Each day of the family friendly event will be “theme days” that feature separate events.
Highlights of the 40th Wild Zoo Halloween include:
- Friday, Oct. 12 – Free Carousel Ride Day
- Saturday, Oct. 13 – Halloween Animal Enrichment
- Sunday, Oct. 14 – Atomic Sharks
- Oct. 19 – Free Carousel Rides and Story Time
- Oct. 20 – Pumpkin Stomp & Chomp – Animals get pumpkin treats
- Oct. 21 – Atomic Sharks Family Concert
- Oct. 26 to 28 – Truck & Tractor Weekend
- Oct. 26 – Free Train Rides and Story Time
- Oct. 27 – Atomic Sharks Family Concert
Admission to the Wild Zoo Halloween is $5 for all ages, with admission with treats $9 for all ages.
Zoo Members receive $2 off admission. Babies age 1 and under are admitted free but are
charged $4 if they receive treats.
Children should wear costumes and bring their own treat bag for the event.
For more information, visit kidszoo.org/wild-zoo-halloween.