NORTHEAST INDIANA (WANE) — A line of severe storms with strong winds caused power outages around the area Monday evening. The WANE 15 Live Doppler 15 Fury weather team was tracking winds at 50-70 mph.
Indiana Michigan Power said more than 18,000 people in northeast Indiana, northern Indiana and southwest Michigan were affected at the peak of the outages.
I&M announced Tuesday more than 95% of customers had power back on by 4 p.m.
By 4 p.m., I&M’s outage map showed just over 1,500 customers total were without power, with a little more than 100 experiencing outages in Allen County.
According to I&M, a majority of the outages should be resolved by 11 p.m. Tuesday.
- Brother of slain Gulf Cartel boss sentenced for role in multi-state cocaine ring
- Florida students spend spring break helping asylum-seekers in Mexican border towns
- It’s the first day of spring: Here’s what that really means
- DeSantis faces political minefield with possible Trump indictment
- Ohio man charged with raping children younger than 13