FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) — An accidental shooting at a home just north of downtown Fort Wayne left two juveniles with injuries Tuesday afternoon.
Police and medics were called just after 4 p.m. to the 1700 block of Andrew Street, near Sherman Boulevard and Putnam Street, on a report of a shooting.
Police at the scene told WANE 15 that two boys suffered injuries in what was described as an accidental shooting inside the home. One suffered life-threatening injuries; the other was not critically hurt.
Police said the juveniles did not live at the home.
One person was being questioned by police, WANE 15 learned.
Investigators asked anyone with information about the shooting to contact the Fort Wayne Police Department at 427-1201, Crime Stoppers at 436-7867, or use the free “P3 Tips” app.
The incident remains under investigation.
- Google says it will eliminate location history entries if it identifies abortion center, medical facility visits
- Pickle fans – an event for you heads to the area
- FWPD look for missing woman last seen in northwest Fort Wayne
- Ex-FBI agent on Armstrong: Anyone who helped is ‘on the hook’
- Become the new Miss Fort Wayne, Miss Northeast