Police: Victim in mobile home park “shooting” wasn’t shot

Local News
Paulding Rd. Shooting_1550444298892.jpg.jpg

Fort Wayne Police said Monday that a reported shooting that left a mobile home park on edge Sunday afternoon wasn’t a shooting at all.

Police were called around 3:30 p.m. Sunday to Parkbridge Estates in the 1500 block of Paulding Road on a reported shooting. Officers were told a man had knocked on the door of another trailer and claimed he had been shot.

First responders arrived and medics took the man to the hospital in serious condition. At the hospital, he was downgraded to critical condition.

Police interviewed witnesses in and around the trailer where they believed the incident may have taken place. Crime scene technicians and investigators also processed the scene and worked to collect any evidence associated with the incident.

On Monday, police spokesman Michael Joyner said investigators since learned that the victim – 27-year-old Michael P. Stratton – was “not the victim of a shooting but received injuries as a result of being struck by an object that resulted in puncture wounds.”

Joyner said investigators are still working to interview “potential suspects and witnesses” to the incident.

No other information on what exactly happened and what might have led to it are still largely unknown.

It’s also not clear if the victim lives in the moble home park.

Detectives ask anyone with information about the incident to call the Fort Wayne Police Department at (260) 427-1201 or Crime Stoppers at (260) 436-7867.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss