FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) — A man accidentally shot himself in the face at a Fort Wayne bar early Sunday morning.
Shortly before 1:40 a.m., officers were called out to the Latch String Bar & Grill at 3221 N. Clinton St. on a report of a shooting. Police and medics arrived to find a man suffering from a gunshot wound.
The man was hospitalized with life-threatening injuries, police said.
Officers on scene told WANE 15 the shooting appeared to have been accidental and self-inflicted, but offered no other details.
On Monday, police said the man was showing his gun to someone when it discharged. The man was shot in the face.
The man reportedly did not think the gun was loaded.
- Home-Built helicopter crashes in North Manchester
- Gordmans’ Fort Wayne location closing
- Man credits teen’s quick action for saving his life in ice fishing incident
- IU football player faces charges after alleged domestic incident
- Buttigieg questions 3rd place finish in Nevada, cites errors