FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) — An investigation is pending into the death of a man found unresponsive Monday night in a Stophlet Street home.
Detective Sgt. Matt Wilson said police responded to an EMS emergency at 1231 Stophlet St. at 9:05 p.m. The man was pronounced dead shortly afterwards. Stophlet Street is near Taylor Street and Broadway, just south of downtown.
“The investigation is still active,” said Wilson, head of Fort Wayne Police Department’s homicide unit. The autopsy is being completed today. Currently, the cause of death is undetermined, Wilson added.
“We’re not going to rule out anything right now,” Wilson said. Fort Wayne police continue to hold the scene as they wait for results.
The Allen County Coroner’s Office will identify the victim, and determine a cause and manner of death.
The case is being investigated by the Fort Wayne Police Department, the Allen County Prosecutor’s Office, and the coroner’s office.
- Why do flies rub their limbs together?
- ‘Reprehensible’: Members of high school football team in California acted out slave auction
- Breezy weekend courtesy of the remnants of Ian
- Body of 2-year-old recovered from White County creek
- Nick Cannon welcomes 10th child just weeks after 9th: ‘Another Blessing!’