ASHLEY, Ind. (WANE) - An Ashley man faces a slew of felonies after police said he took them on a chase that reached more than 100 mph.
Around 2 p.m. Thursday, Ashley Police and Indiana Department of Corrections parole agents went to take in 33-year-old Kyle T. Brady on a parole warrant after reportedly finding "drug items" in his West Garfield Street home.
Brady was found driving a 2012 Dodge Charger, Ashley Police said. Police tried to stop him but he sped off eastbound on C.R. 800 South at speeds "well over" 100 mph, police said. Brady stopped after 5 miles and ran off on foot.
Officers eventually took Brady into custody when he tried to flag down a vehicle for help, but the vehicle was carrying parole agents.
Brady was charged with:
- Level 6 felony Resisting Law Enforcement with a Vehicle
- Level 6 felony Possession of Methamphetamine
- Level 6 felony Possession of Marijuana, over 30 grams with a previous conviction
- Level 5 felony Dealing Marijuana, over 30 grams with a previous conviction
- Level 6 felony Dealing Marijuana, under 30 grams with a previous conviction
- Level 6 felony Possession of a Legend Drug
- B Misdemeanor Possession of Marijuana
- C Misdemeanor Possession of Paraphernalia