FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – Parents, grab your little ones and head out to Parkview Field on Saturday for a free educational experience.
‘Explorer Day’ educates kids with hands-on practice for skills in reading, math, social studies and more. There are about 25 vendors set up on the field with activities, games and performances to engage kids and learn in a fun way.
The event fills the gap in the summer when kids aren’t learning in school, said Jodi Hamilton, the education outreach manager with PBS Fort Wayne.
‘Explorer Day’ is from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Parkview Field, with no cost for families to enjoy.
- Google says it will eliminate location history entries if it identifies abortion center, medical facility visits
- Pickle fans – an event for you heads to the area
- FWPD look for missing woman last seen in northwest Fort Wayne
- Ex-FBI agent on Armstrong: Anyone who helped is ‘on the hook’
- Become the new Miss Fort Wayne, Miss Northeast