It’s time again to live your life alive.
The 3rd annual Middle Waves Music Festival runs Friday and Saturday in downtown Fort Wayne. The two-day music festival will again celebrate “music, art, food and positive vibes” in a loud and bold way, with 25 bands on three stages on both sides of Headwaters Park.
WHAT IS MIDDLE WAVES
A music festival featuring two free stages and one paid stage that will feature local, regional and national indie, hip-hop and rock & roll acts, including headliner Dr. Dog. In The Village, festival goers can enjoy food trucks and various vendors, and art activities are available throughout the festival grounds. A “Vibe Tent” and “Hammock Hangout” are among the unique attractions.
- Lightlow (rock, Fort Wayne, IN) 5:45 p.m. Maumee Stage
- The Bergamot (indie folk, Fort Wayne, IN) 6 p.m. St. Marys Stage
- Streetlamps for Spotlights (rock, Fort Wayne, IN) 6:15 p.m. St. Joseph Stage
- Sad Gravity (rock, Fort Wayne, IN) 7:15 p.m. Maumee Stage
- Joywave (indie rock, Rochester, NY) 7:45 p.m. St. Marys Stage
- Chives (rock, Indianapolis, IN) 7:45 p.m. St. Joseph Stage
- BODEGA (dance punk, New York, NY) 8:45 p.m. Maumee Stage
- Anna Faye (punk, Fort Wayne, IN) 9:30 p.m. St. Joseph Stage
- Smino (hip-hop, Chicago, IL) 10 p.m. St. Marys Stage
- Fort Wayne Funk Orchestra (hip-hop funk, Fort Wayne, IN) 1:15 p.m. Maumee Stage
- Samuel Harness (R&B, Fort Wayne, IN) 2 p.m. St. Joseph Stage
- Flint Eastwood (dance-pop, Detroit, MI) 2:30 p.m. St. Marys Stage
- Slug Love (rock, Fort Wayne, IN) 2:45 p.m. Maumee Stage
- The Snarks (rock, Fort Wayne, IN) 3:30 p.m. St. Joseph Stage
- Lalo Cura (latino rock, Goshen, IN) 4:15 p.m. Maumee Stage
- IDLES (punk rock, Bristol, England) 4:15 p.m. St. Marys Stage
- T-Zank (rap, Fort Wayne, IN) 5 p.m. St. Joseph Stage
- Tunde Olaniran (pop, Flint, MI) 5:45 p.m. Maumee Stage
- Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks (indie rock, Portland, OR) 6 p.m. St. Marys Stage
- Unlikely Alibi (reggae-rock, Fort Wayne, IN) 6:30 p.m. St. Joseph Stage
- David Wax Museum (American and Mexican folk, Charlottesville, VA) 7:15 p.m. Maumee Stage
- Lizzo (hip-hop, Minneapolis, MN) 8 p.m. St. Marys Stage
- Best Sleep (rock, Fort Wayne, IN) 8:15 p.m. St. Joseph Stage
- Hatchie (dream-pop, Brisbane, Australia) 9 p.m. Maumee Stage
- Dr. Dog (rock, Philadelphia, PA) 10 p.m. St. Marys Stage
Every area of the Middle Waves Music Festival is free with the exception of the St. Marys Stage area, where a ticket is required. Tickets for the St. Marys Stage range from a Friday-only ticket for $40 to $75 for a Saturday only ticket, or $92 for a two-day ticket. VIP tickets are also available.
Tickets to Middle Waves are still available at MiddleWaves.com.
IS MIDDLE WAVES KID-FRIENDLY?
Yes. The Mini Waves area features fun for the younger rockers from noon until 3 p.m. Saturday. Kids under 12 can also enjoy free access to the St. Marys Stage with a paid adult.
WHERE CAN I PARK?
Middle Waves does not have designated parking, but the Downtown Improvement District lists parking options at downtownfortwayne.com/parking. There is also a free bike valet inside Middle Waves.
For more information or to download an official festival guide, visit MiddleWaves.com.