Local News

Man sentenced for role in 2016 bank heist try

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) - One of the men accused of trying to hold up a Fort Wayne bank in 2016 was sentenced in federal court.

Rasheed Stukes, 27, of Fort Wayne, was sentenced to more than 11 years in prison followed by 2 years of supervised release related to the April 11, 2016, attempted robbery of the First Source Bank at 4605 E. Dupont Road.

Stukes previously pleading guilty to bank robbery along with using a dangerous weapon.

Authorities said around 6:50 a.m. that April day Stukes and two others - Jamar Freeman and Markell Palmer-Tate - attempted to rob the branch. Police said no one was able to get inside the bank.

According to federal court documents, though, during the course of the attempted robbery, a weapon was used that left another person hurt. The would-be robbers also forced a person to join them, court documents said.

Freeman is set to stand trial for his role Nov. 5. Palmer-Tate will have a hearing Jan. 16, 2019.


Don't Miss

Latest News - Local