FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) — A man that was found dead after a house fire in Waynedale Thursday has been identified.
According to the Allen County Coroners’ office, the man has been identified as 65-year-old Michael Steven Saccomano of Fort Wayne.
Fire crews were called just after 1 p.m. to the 7000 block of Bradbury Avenue, off Lower Huntington Road, on a report of a fire.
Once the fire was under control, crews went through the home and found a man deceased in the living room, in the southwest corner of the home, a fire official said.
The manner of death for Saccomano was determined to be an accident, according to the coroners’ office. Saccomano died as a result of smoke inhalation and thermal burns.
- What to watch in the battle over Trump’s trial calendar
- Michigan businesses may have sold rabid skunks, state warns
- Woman tried to burn down Martin Luther King Jr.’s birth home, police say
- Second Gentleman Doug Emhoff Condemns Antisemitism at National Menorah Lighting
- Winds and warmth increase today