FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) — A man that was found dead after a house fire in Waynedale Thursday has been identified.
According to the Allen County Coroners’ office, the man has been identified as 65-year-old Michael Steven Saccomano of Fort Wayne.
Fire crews were called just after 1 p.m. to the 7000 block of Bradbury Avenue, off Lower Huntington Road, on a report of a fire.
Once the fire was under control, crews went through the home and found a man deceased in the living room, in the southwest corner of the home, a fire official said.
The manner of death for Saccomano was determined to be an accident, according to the coroners’ office. Saccomano died as a result of smoke inhalation and thermal burns.
- Video shows Akron police kill Black man in hail of gunfire
- FW Philharmonic puts on Patriotic Pops concert at Parkview Field
- Heat, humidity, and storms on the way this week
- Northrop’s Saniya, Neveah Jackson commit to Valparaiso women’s basketball
- West Michigan’s Packard sends TinCaps packing with grand slam