FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) — Some of Indiana’s future stars in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and math gathered at Purdue University Fort Wayne on Saturday for the FIRST LEGO League Championship.
Students competed Saturday in the 20th annual event.
The robotics tournament was the high point of competition for 48 teams made up of students between the ages of 9 and 14 who participated in this statewide STEM program.
Each team created a LEGO robot that would help create new, innovative solutions to everyday problems through robots.
Two winners from Saturday’s competition will advance to the World Festival in Detroit in April.
- Plane crashes into bean field in Williams County
- Over 800 students receive backpacks filled with school supplies
- FWCS student device pick-up begins Monday
- COVID 19 at forefront as schools return to learn
- Push for clear masks to help the hearing impaired