Indiana State Police arrested a LaGrange woman on multiple drug charges including dealing Methamphetamine, after a traffic stop on the Indiana toll road around 12:30 early Thursday morning.
Marissa Nicole Byers, 31, of LaGrange was pulled over in LaGrange County near mile marker 117 after police saw her commit multiple traffic violations. After the stop police also learned the license plate was registered to a different vehicle.
When the officer approached the car, he smelled what he believed to be marijuana. He then conducted a vehicle search and found marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Byers was then taken into custody at the LaGrange County Jail.
While she was being booked, Byers was also found to have had methamphetamine in her immediate possession.
She has been incarcerated under multiple preliminary charges:
- Dealing Methamphetamine, Level 3 Felony
- Possession of Methamphetamine, Level 5 Felony
- Maintaining a Common Nuisance, Level 6 Felony
- Obstruction of Justice, Level 6 Felony
- Possession of Paraphernalia, Class A Misdemeanor
- Possession of Marijuana Prior Conviction, Class A Misdemeanor