GARRETT, Ind. (WANE) — A Kendallville man was killed in a crash with a semi early Saturday outside Garrett.
Police and medics were called around 12:15 a.m. to the 1700 block of S.R. 8, near the Walmart Distribution Center west of Interstate 69, on a report of a two-vehicle crash involving a car and semi.
According to a report from the Garrett Police Department, officers arrived to find a male driver unconscious and trapped in his car. He was freed from the car and taken to a local hospital, where he died a short time later.
He was identified as 24-year-old Mark A. Slone.
Investigators believe Slone was driving his 2010 Pontiac G6 westbound on S.R. 8 when he crossed over the center line and collided head-on with the eastbound semi tractor-trailer. The Pontiac spun around and landed in the grass on the north side of S.R. 8, the report said.
Police noted in the report that alcohol was believed to be a factor in the crash.
- Police ask for help in search for missing Williams County teen
- KY SHOOTING: 4 officers injured, 1 in critical condition; plus 2 officers and 1 K-9 killed; 1 civilian injured
- Dry and warm holiday weekend on tap
- Acme Bar and Grill set to reopen in the fall
- Fort Wayne native Williams named head women’s basketball coach at Chicago State