FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) — Hispanic and Latino heritage was celebrated Saturday at the Headwaters Park Lincoln Pavilion with an annual fiesta.
‘Fiesta Fort Wayne’ has been around for four decades. The annual event celebrates and showcases the achievements and contributions of Hispanic and Latino Americans in Northeast Indiana.
“We invite everybody to come in and to come and celebrate with us,” said organizer Fernando Zapari. “We’re people of peace, people of love, people of work and we’ve been here in this forever and ever. So we’re celebrating our culture. Best tacos in the world, right here in Fiesta Fort Wayne, Downtown, Headwaters Park.”
The day-long event included folkloric dancing, live music, games, vendors and authentic cuisine.
- Fort Wayne City Council holds resolution to support hazard pay
- 2020 Endeavor Games to go virtual, will feature several events and new clinics
- Fort Wayne experiences first 90°+ day of the year
- States volunteer to host RNC as Trump considers moving it from North Carolina
- YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne opens membership branches