A gas leak caused by a construction crew that struck a main forced the evacuation of a strip mall on Georgetown North Boulevard between State Boulevard and Maplecrest Thursday morning.
The gas main was struck at around 9:45 a.m.
As a precaution two businesses that were open were evacuated according to Brian Meeks, Battalion Chief, Fort Wayne Fire Department.
Meeks did say the concentration of gas was not high enough to be considered dangerous.
NIPSCO reports the leak was completely repaired just after 5:00 p.m. Thursday.