Garage fire spreads through Leo home, 1 dog rescued

Local News
Lakeview Leo house fire_1551824561630.jpg.jpg

A Leo home is a total loss after a garage fire that spread throughout the house Tuesday afternoon.

Fire crews were called around 4:18 p.m. to a home at 13034 Lakeview Drive near the Cedarville Reservoir.

When Firefighters arrived they found heavy fire at the back of the house. Fire officials say the fire started in an attached garage and spread to the home. Flames could be seen coming from the roof. 

No one was home at the time of the fire as the family was out of town. Firefighters did rescue one dog which was taken to an emergency vet hospital.A cat did escape, but a second dog has not been found. 

According to the Huntertown Fire Department, one firefighter was transported to the hospital for medical issues and was released a few hours later.  

The fire is under control, but firefighters remained on scene for a couple hours to monitor hotspots. 

The cause of the fire is unkown and is under the investigation by the Allen County Fire Arson Investigation Team.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss