FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – A Friday evening garage fire in a southeast Fort Wayne neighborhood has closed a road.
Emergency crews are in the 2900 block of Ridgeway Drive after receiving reports of a fire in the area.
Responding crews found fire in the garage, kitchen and dining room areas. All were quickly extinguished.
There were two adults and one child inside the home at the time of the fire, the fire department said. They all self evacuated, and no one was injured.
Officials said the fire was caused by a cooking fire in the garage.
AEP was also called to the scene to assist with downed power lines in the backyard.
Ridgeway was blocked off in the area while crews were at the scene. The road has since reopened.