FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – Investigators found a wood-burning stove heater was the reason a garage accidentally caught fire Saturday morning northwest of downtown Fort Wayne.

Just after 6:30 a.m., several neighbors near Burgess and Degroff Streets called 911 to report a structure fire at 1221 Burgess St.

The Fort Wayne Fire Department arrived within five minutes and reported fire coming through the roof and at the rear of the building. FWFD confirmed to WANE 15 at the scene that it was a detached garage fire.

Police and fire crews were at the scene and blocked off the section of Burgess Street near the garage. AEP made sure the scene was safe after a live power line that had burned free from the wall dropped behind the garage.

The building had heavy fire damage, and moderate water and smoke damage, fire crews said.

FWFD declared the fire under control 13 minutes after their arrival. No one was injured.