FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – Fort Wayne Police are calling on the public to help solve a number of unsolved homicides.
According to Sgt. Tim Hughes, who heads the homicide division, there have been 35 homicides in Fort Wayne so far this year. Detectives have cleared 29 of them. A case is considered “cleared” if police make an arrest, identify a suspect, or the act was considered to be in self-defense.
Hughes told WANE 15 there are six cases from 2020 that they would like the public’s help with.
- The shooting death of Than Khai in the 3400 block of Senate Ave.
- The beating death of Jacqueline Coley in the 2100 block of Eden St.
- The shooting death of Jalen Lindsey in the 5600 block of Corydon Ct.
- The shooting death of Justin Dawson in the 1000 block of Ridgewood Dr.
- The shooting death of Nicole Paschall in the 4400 block of Oliver St.
- The shooting death of Twilah Newmon-Thomas in the 5800 block of Turtle Creek Dr.
Sgt. Sofia Rosales Scatena, who is a spokesperson for the Fort Wayne Police Department, said there is no information that is too small.
“I think people come with the thought that, ‘oh that doesn’t make a difference, that’s insignificant,'” she said. “That may be the final piece we are looking for and it may just corroborate other evidence that we have.”
She said is important to work together as a community to solve these crimes.
“This is not just a police problem,” Rosales-Scatena said. “This is not just a southeast problem. This is not just a northeast problem. This is a Fort Wayne problem we are only going to solve these kinds of things working together.”
Investigators ask anyone with information about any crime to call FWPD at 260-427-1222 or Crime Stoppers at 436-STOP.