1 female, 2 dogs rescued from house fire on Fort Wayne’s north side

Local News

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – Fort Wayne firefighters rescued a female and two dogs after an “improperly disposed” hot material in a trash can resulted in a house fire Tuesday morning.

Just before 11 a.m., firefighters responded to the 6900 block of Red Haw Drive after a neighbor alerted crews about the fire.

Crews found a female was inside the house with her head sticking out of the basement and pulled her to safety. Two dogs were also found in the basement and were rescued by firefighters. An adult, two children, and a third dog were able to escape on their own.

The rescued female suffered minor injuries, according to officials. Medics on scene treated and transported the female, along with the two children, to a nearby hospital.

Crews determined the fire came from the kitchen and extinguished it in less than 15 minutes. An investigation revealed the fire was accidental as a hot material was improperly disposed in the trash can.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss