FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) — Trick-or-treat!
The Fort Wayne Police Department announced in a Facebook post Thursday that trick-or-treating in the city would be held on Halloween, Oct. 31 from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Halloween falls on a Monday this year.
Here are some Halloween safety tips from Indiana State Police:
- Know and abide by the appropriate dates and times your local community has established for trick-or-treating.
- Make sure that your child has a flashlight, glow stick or reflective material on their costume, so he/she can be seen clearly during the low light hours.
- Children should always be accompanied by an adult when trick-or-treating, or at a minimum- use the buddy system, and have a plan if groups get separated (i.e. charged cellphone or ask an adult for help).
- Only go trick-or-treating at houses where the front porch light is on.
- Children should NEVER enter the house of a stranger.
- All treats should be inspected by an adult before being consumed.
- And for all motorists- we ask that you slow down and drive with caution in our area neighborhoods. Pay close attention for children that are not paying attention.
For more information on how to protect and keep your child safe, visit the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children website.