Fire consumes Lima Road bar

Local News

A Lima Road bar caught fire Wednesday and was quickly consumed by flames.

Fire crews were called around 1 p.m. to Club Royal at 9439 Lima Road, just north of Till Road. The building used to house strip club Bleu Diamond.

A mechanic at a neighboring business says as he was calling 9-1-1, he ran to the front of Club Royal in the 94-hundred block of Lima Road. He tried to make sure no one was inside.

Fire officials say no one was inside, and the club was closed for business when the fire broke out around 1 p.m..

The intense flames caused significant damage to the building, but beyond the fire, fire crews had some other difficulties while battling for nearly 45 minutes.

“Fought it defensively.  We did have a power line down in from of the building, so we had to be careful of the powerline…Because of the heat, we have our firefighters rehabbing.  Drinking lots of water obviously to keep hydrated.  And we had no injuries,” says Fort Wayne Fire Department Assistant Chief Jim Murua.

The arson inspector was called to the scene.  The fire remains under investigation.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss