FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) — A fire that destroyed a building along Goshen Road Tuesday morning has been ruled accidental, according to the Fort Wayne Fire Department.
Fort Wayne Fire crews were called around 10 a.m. to 2532 Goshen Road, the Legal Chop Shop auto parts store, on a report of a fire.
A building at the location was fully engulfed in flames. Smoke rose high into the air, and a plume of smoke was visible for miles.
Around 10:30 a.m., firefighters had the flames largely cut down.
Around 11 a.m., the fire was officially under control. FWFD said crews continued to work at the scene “for numerous hours.”
FWFD said in a release the fire was accidental, and started when an employee was working on a vehicle.
Authorities said no one was hurt in the blaze. All employees of the chop shop made it out safely.
- ‘Lucky to be alive’: Ashton Kutcher opens up about rare autoimmune disorder
- Fort Wayne’s United Front racial healing expands to youth
- Severed head in park, body next to school sow terror among Juarez residents
- Notre Dame’s Buchner, Pyne battling for QB job
- Southwest attendant suffers broken back in hard landing