Fire at Fort Wayne home forces evacuation

Local News
WinterStreet.jpg

Firefighters were called to a southeast Fort Wayne home early Wednesday on report of a fire.

Crews responded to the 1400 block of Winter Street around 3:30 a.m.

People living inside the home self-evacuated before crews arrived. Firefighters had the fire out in about three minutes. 

Fire officials said a grease fire started in the kitchen and spread to the cabinets. Fire was contained to the kitchen. 

No one was hurt. 

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss