FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) — It’s Three Rivers Festival time!
The 51st annual Three Rivers Festival kicked off Friday and continues through July 20 around Fort Wayne. The festival draws in nearly half a million visitors each summer, according to the festival’s website.
For a complete list of events, click here. It will be packed, so here’s everything you need to know to have a great time:
50 years ago, the Three Rivers Festival was young and man first stepped foot on the moon. This year’s theme is a blast from the past titled “The Summer of ’69!”
The parade will begin Saturday, July 13, at 10 a.m. starting at Wayne and Rockhill and ending at Calhoun and Superior. Keep an eye out for WANE 15’s float with Honor Flight Northeast Indiana.
Expect road closures and heavy traffic due to the number of participants in this year’s festival
MIDWAY AT HEADWATERS PARK
Headwaters Park hosts the rides and carnival aspect of the festival. Wristbands cost $25 and individual tickets cost $1. Rides vary from around three to five tickets. Here is the daily schedule:
- Friday, July 12: 5 – 11 p.m.
- Saturday, July 13: 12 – 11 p.m.
- Sunday, July 14: 2 – 11 p.m.
- Monday, July 15 and Tuesday, July 16: 5 – 11 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 17: 1 – 11 p.m.
- Thursday, July 18: 5 – 11 p.m.
- Friday, July 19: 6 -11 p.m., sensory-friendly from 3 – 5 p.m.
- Saturday, July 20: 1 – 11 p.m.
Midway rides are one of the main attractions at the festival, and riders want to have fun but are also concerned about their safety.
WANE 15 did a walk-through with an inspector from the Department of Homeland Security to gain a better understanding of what goes into those inspections.
JUNK FOOD ALLEY
Food vendors will be located at Duck and Barr street serving festival specialties from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
PARKING AND ROAD CLOSURES
There will be various road closures throughout the festival, so exercise common sense and caution at all times. Below is a map guide for the entire festival.
Most notably, the left curb lane on Clinton Street will close beginning Friday, July 12. The curb will be closed from 7 p.m. Friday, July 12 until 11 p.m. Saturday, July 20.
Here is a list of road closings for the opening parade:
- W. Wayne Street from Fairfield to Rockhill
- W. Main Street from Runnion to Lafayette
- Van Buren Street from Washington to Superior
- Fairfield Avenue from Superior to Wayne
- Ewing Street from Main to Wayne
- Harrison Street from Wayne to Main
- Calhoun Street from Superior to Washington
- Berry Street from Clinton to Fairfield
- Superior Street from Clinton to Harrison
- Barr Street from Main to Berry
- Columbia Street from Harrison to Calhoun
- Rockhill Street from Main to Washington
Here is a list of road closings for Three Rivers Festival Fireworks:
- Calhoun Street from Jefferson to Berry
- Wayne Street from Harrison to Clinton
- Washington Street from Clinton to Harrison
Make sure to enjoy the festivities of the 51st Three Rivers Festival!