The following information was provided by the Indiana State Board of Animal Health
Custom Quality Meats of New Haven, Ind. is recalling all of the company’s cooked and heat-treated meat products sold under the label names of “Custom Quality Meats” and “Willow Lake Farms” with the mark of state inspection.
During a recent inspection, the company was unable to verify through recordkeeping that adequate cooling was provided to ensure safety of the products during storage.
This recall applies only to cooked and processed products sold under the “Custom Quality Meats” and “Willow Lake Farms” names with an Indiana state inspection logo (an outline of Indiana with the words “IND. INSP & PASSED BOAH EST. 72”).
The recall applies to the following products under those labels:
- All hot dog varieties: Hot Dogs, All Beef, Cheesy, Cheesy Taco
- All beef stick and beef stick bites varieties: Beef Stick, Chili, Honey, Jalapeno, Maple Bacon, Pepper, Salami, Salsa & Cheese, Teriyaki
- All summer sausage varieties: Beef, Ham & Swiss, Jalapeno Cheese, Spicy
- All bacon varieties: Regular, Apple Cinnamon Flavored, Bourbon, Chipotle Lime, Coffee Crusted, Pepper, Sweet Bell Pepper & Garlic, Uncured
- Canadian Style Bacon
- All bratwurst
- All hams
Custom Quality Meats asks consumers to return or destroy the product. Consumers should also check their freezers for unused portions.
The products were sold at the following locations in Allen County:
- Custom Quality Meats, 2616 Ryan Road; New Haven, Ind.
- Custom Quality Meats, 3227 Carroll Road; Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Teds Market; Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Nolt’s Marketplace; Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Custom Quality Meats’ booth at the Fort Wayne farmer’s market.