The Thanksgiving shooting that left three dead and two critically hurt was the result of a robbery of a marijuana dealer, according to court documents.

Kameron Joyner made his first appearance in court Monday. He was charged with five counts of aggravated battery in the triple homicide at a house on Downingtown Drive Thursday night. 

In the probable cause affidavit, responding officers described the scene they were called to around 10:30 p.m. Police first found Kyle Wagner shot in the face near the front porch. He was taken to a local hospital before being airlifted to Indianapolis in extremely critical condition. 

Wagner apparently told police two men went into the house and tried to rob the people inside. 

In total, officers found five people shot. Joevonn Johnson, Colton Messmer and Tracey Andrews were all found dead in the house. Teryle King was found critically hurt, shot in the back. 

According to the affidavit, Kameron Joyner and Gerald Pinkston were identified by one of the victims and another person who was inside the house at the time of the shooting. One of the witnesses also told police Messmer was selling marijuana from the house. 

A neighbor told police he heard the gunshots and looked outside. According to the court documents, he saw the two men leaving through the garage of the house, carrying book bags. He watched them get into what appeared to be running vehicle, with someone else inside.

A police officer looked up an address of one of the shooters named at the scene and found a vehicle matching the description of the getaway car. The vehicle was tailed by police and pulled over around 1:45 a.m. Joyner was found inside, wearing clothes matching the description a witness provided.

During the traffic stop, Kameron’s brother, was arrested on a charge of felony battery to a public safety official. According to his affidavit, Korey Joyner approached the officers during his brother’s arrest. According to Officer Dambra’s report of the incident, Joyner was ordered to stay back but continued to approach the scene. The incident apparently resulted in Joyner slapping the officer’s hand down after being stopped. He was then taken into police custody. 

After the shooting, a search began for Gerald Pinkston he was still missing Monday afternoon.  Police described him as a “person of interest,” considered armed and dangerous and asked for anyone with information on his location to call 911.